Weekend Update

Happy New Year and happy Monday!  I hope you all had a nice weekend.  Sadly, the holidays are all over and it's back to reality and a routine.  I am headed to Disney on Wednesday for Marathon weekend (I'm running the 10K), so I will be back to somewhat of a routine this week, but will definitely be back to one next week.

Below are some photos from the long weekend - It was a mix of fun plus lots of much needed relaxation.

Thursday afternoon, I wanted to get in a workout, but was short on time, so I put together a circuit workout which both raised my heart rate and got me super sweaty.  I finished up work for the day, then showered and got ready to meet my friends for an early New Year's Eve dinner at Seasons 52. We had planned on going to a movie, but were unable to get seats.  Apparently, the seats needed to be reserved in advance and there weren't enough for our group of five.  I guess the days of a spontaneous trip to the movies are gone! Instead, we headed to Starbucks for hot chocolate and chatted for a bit.  I was home in my PJs by 9:15 and fell asleep before midnight.  Crazy night, huh?!


Friday was spent having a lazy brunch with the girls at my friend Jennifer's house.  We always have fun together and Friday was no different. We had so much fun, I didn't snap any photos.

Saturday was a pretty low key day, too.  After a short run, my friend Tara and I headed into Boston to volunteer at a new indoor cycling event created to sponsor the PMC.  The Resolution is basically a cycle-a-thon designed to raise money for the Jimmy Fund.  If you've been reading my blog for a bit, then you know my longtime support for the PMC.  It was a great day and I may even ride next year!


After we finished volunteering, we headed to Fat Cat for dinner.  Oh my gosh! I've been wanting to go here for a while and it was so, so good.  I ordered the baked scallops which were served with mashed sweet potatoes and green beans.  I can't wait to go back.


Sunday morning, I opted to sleep in instead of working out.  I probably should have gone for a run, but my bed was much more comfy.  No regrets!  After finally rolling out of bed, I quickly got ready and headed to meet my friend Danielle for brunch at Scarlett Oak Tavern.  My gosh I love it there!  We split a few dishes because we couldn't decide what to order.  I think we could have fed a small army, but it was well worth it.  Not to mention, their mimosas are quite delicious and it was great catching up with a friend I hadn't seen in a while.




Now it's your turn.  What did you do this weekend?

Labels: , , ,