Holiday Gift Guide 2015: Gifts That Give Back

This is the second installment of my Holiday Gift Guides 2015.  You can find my previous post here.  I hope you find these guides helpful when shopping for your loved ones this holiday season.

This post is dedicated to the real reason for the season - gifts that give back.  Today is also #GivingTuesday, so I thought it was fitting to share this guide with you today.


Bombas Socks  I first found out about this company when reading Janae's blog.  After seeing these socks pop up on more than one blog, I decided to read up on them myself.  For each pair of socks purchased from Bomba, a pair is donated to someone in need.  The company has teamed up with some great charities to help give back.

Rosie's Place Shop Rosie's Place is a shelter located in Boston.  My Godmother has volunteered countless hours at this women's only shelter.  Rosie's Place hires guests to create items such as jewelry and bookmarks.  Proceeds go toward important programs and services for the homeless while providing job skills to employment to many talented artists.

The Jimmy Fund  Another Boston based charity, The Jimmy Fund supports the Dana Farber Cancer Institute by raising funds for adult and pediatric cancer care and research.  You can purchase many great gifts from the Jimmy Fund store - from holiday cards made right in New England, to many other items such as Alex & Ani bracelets, and Patriots ornaments.  There is something for everyone and you will also be supporting many local companies like Late July and Maple Grove Farms.

Bird &Stone After perusing their website, I think I want one of each item!  Bird & Stone creates socially conscious jewelry which provides a portion of their profits to financially support and educate female entrepreneurs in developing countries.  By purchasing a piece from Bird & Stone, you are making a positive impact by helping these women get out of poverty.

Soul Scarf Soul Scarf's goal is to provide high quality products that also give back to the community.  I can for sure say their products are high quality!  I happened to find one in the shop at my local Pure Barre.  I picked up a beautiful, warm black infinity scarf, with 20% of the proceeds going to the ASPCA.  I've had my scarf for nearly two years and it's super cozy.  Each scarf has a little tag with a different colored scarf on it.  Each color represents the charity who will benefit from your purchase.

Are there any charities you like to donate to that also double as great gifts?

Labels: ,