Slow Week

Is it just me, or has this week been dragging for you too?  I can't believe it's only Thursday!  It's been a long week, with a couple of late-ish nights at the gym.  The reason for so many late nights is I finally pulled the trigger and signed up for my first triathlon!  Since I've run numerous road races, participated in some bike rides as well as a duathlon, I felt a triathlon was a natural progression.


 

On Sarurday, August 16, I will be participating in the Timberman Triathlon in New Hampshire.  I will be doing the sprint distance and I'm already very nervous!  I know I'll be fine on the bike (the PMC two-day ride is two weeks before) and the run, but I'm sure the swimming will be the hardest part for me.  In order to better prepare for the swim, I have signed up for swim classes at my gym.  I already feel comfortable swimming freestyle and doing laps, but I really want to perfect my form so that I am more efficient and maybe a even a bit faster.  And let's face it - I don't want to drown!

Last night was my first class and I am feeling pretty good about my ability.  It didn't hurt that the instructor said I am a strong swimmer and that he was surprised I'd never taken lessons before.  Teacher's pet?  So, between my weekly swim class and adding in extra spin classes, I have been getting home around 10:00 pm the past couple of nights.  I know it will be worth it in the long run, but right now, I'm just plain exhausted.  And hungry.  Like, I want to eat ALL the things.  I know that I will eventually get used to my new schedule, but in the meantime, I apologize to those who I am rude to or short with.  Don't take it personally - It's only because I am hangry.



In case you're interested, I plan to post weekly workout recaps.  Hopefully, this will help me better plan my workouts, as well as keep me accountable.

Hope you have a great Thursday!

Labels: , , , , , ,