May Mini Goals

Happy Monday!  I hope you all had a great weekend and were able to enjoy your Cinco de Mayo!  After a beautiful hike/trail run, I celebrated with making some delicious strawberry margaritas!


So, I'll be cliche in saying that time has flown and I can't believe it's already May!  We're a week into the month, so that means it's time to recap my March/April mini goals and discuss my May goals.  Let's get to it!

March/April goals
The weather over the past couple of weeks has been sunny and warm, so getting outside to exercise was not a problem! :) I'm still having trouble getting in some strength work, but hoping since we're getting some rainy weather this week, I'll be motivated to do some circuit work indoors.

Mid-hike

Now onto my mini goals for May...

May goals
Even with my injuries, I am confident I'll be able to run a whole mile by the end of this month.  It doesn't seem like much, but I've been a tad conservative with my running.  I'm just worried if I do too much too soon, that I'll re-injure myself.  I've been doing a lot of walk/runs lately and I know I'll be able to run a whole mine in no time!  As for weights...  I don't know why, but I never seem to be motivated to lift.  I don't know why because I always feel great when I finish!  Cycling should be the easiest of the three goals, so I'm confident I'll be able to meet this goal by the end of the month!

Here's my workout plan for the week:

SU: 4.5 mile hike
M: Rest?  (donating platelets, so not sure how I'll feel)  Maybe weights
TU: 15-20 mile ride
W: Treadmill interval and weights or outdoor run if it's not raining
TH: Spin
F: Treadmill interval and weights or outdoor run if it's not raining
SA: Hoping to ride, but rain is in the extended forecast

Depending on how I feel after donating platelets this afternoon, I may change things up a bit.  We're expecting to get rain Wednesday through Saturday, so that puts a damper (no pun intended) on getting outdoors for a ride or run.

I'm off to run a few errands.  Have a great day!

What are your mini goals for the month?

Beautiful view from my hike

Labels: , , ,