It's Just Three Weeks

Three weeks.  21 days.  That's what I told myself when I first decided to try out 21-day Fix -- It's just three weeks.  I'm on day nine of the fix and so far, so good.  Some of you may remember I started Weight Watchers in January.  I gave it a try for two months and it didn't work for me.  I tried to figure out a good balance of exercise and following the plan, but after two months, I lost a total of 1.4 pounds.  Yes, losing even a small amount of weight is better than gaining or maintaining, but with such small results, it wasn't enough for me to continue following (or paying for!) the plan.  I quit after only eight weeks and I am okay with that.  I was getting frustrated with both myself and the plan, and it just wasn't worth the stress -- especially since I wasn't really seeing results.

I needed to try something different, so I finally bit the bullet and ordered the 21-day Fix.  For those of you who aren't familiar, 21-day Fix is both a fitness and nutrition plan.  You follow a 30-minute workout each day, ranging from full body cardio to yoga.  You also follow a nutrition "plan".  I have plan in quotes as you can eat most anything, but are limited to a number of servings per day (eg four servings of protein, four servings of veggies).  I think it is a good way to help eliminate added sugars from your diet and learn portion sizes.  You use provided containers as your guide, but I wish they would list the actual serving size as I don't find it realistic to use containers for the rest of your life.  There is also a third component, Shakeology.

I am following the workouts and the eating plan, minus Shakeology.  I have tried Shakeology in the past and didn't care for the aftertaste (stevia is no good in my book).  I will give a full report at the end of the cycle, but I thought I'd share a little about my experience so far.


Workouts Nutrition
I will write up a full recap at the end of the 21 days, but I thought I would fill you in on how things are going so far.  I'm hoping this will help me get a good start on some weight loss since I start marathon training in July.  Any weight loss will definitely be a good thing!

Have any of you tried 21-day Fix or any similar fitness/nutrition plan?  Any tips?

Labels: , ,