EEK!

I can't believe it - I'm still in awe!  I won the lottery!!!!  The New York City Marathon lottery, that is!  After entering the lottery for three years, my name was finally drawn!  I guess third time is a charm!


I was pretty busy with work all day, which made it easier to keep me from obsessively checking my bank account to see if I had been charged.  I'll admit, I checked a few hundred times, but nothing!  I guessed it wasn't my year and started thinking about another fall marathon.  Then, around 4:15, I decided I'd check my NYRR account and I really felt my eyes were deceiving me -- It said You Have Been Accepted into the 2016 TCS New York City MarathonI didn't believe it because my checking account hadn't been charged and I thought that was the first indication you had been selected!  I looked at my account settings and realized I had registered using my credit card and not my debit card!




I am still in shock I was chosen.  I have read so many recaps of this race my some of my favorite bloggers, which has made me want to run the race even more.  My favorites are here, here and here.


I have a lot of work ahead of me over the next eight months and I will be reading anything and everything I can get my hands on about the race.  I have decisions to make about what training plan to use or if I want to use a coach.  Three's so much to think about, but for now, I will just be sitting over here on cloud nine!

Is this FOR REAL???

Labels: