If you're anything like me, you're a fan of fries. I love me some french fries, and love sweet potato fries even more. Make them the curly variety, and it's really hard for me to resist!
I whipped up a batch of these curly sweet potato fries this afternoon to have for lunch. Thanks to my spiralizer, they came together really quickly. I don't normally need a recipe for sweet potato fries, but since I hadn't made curly fries before, I wanted to be sure I had the cooking temp and time correct. If you're a fan of both sweet potatoes and curly fries, I recommend making these. And since they're baked, you can eat twice as many! :)
I followed this recipe, but made the following modifications:
- Used coconut oil spray instead of olive oil
- Used only one potato (one serving)
- Omitted paprika
- Turned the broiler on for a few minutes at the end to get them really crispy
I also made the following dipping sauce, which was delicious:
- 1/3 cup 2% Greek yogurt (I like Fage)
- Squeeze of lime, to taste
- Chipotles in adobo - I used just the adobo, but you can chop up the chipotles if you'd like (I used about 2 tsp)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Combine all ingredients and adjust seasoning as needed. Serve alongside fries.
Labels: fries, recipes, sweet potatoes