Soup's On!

Happy December!  After an unseasonably warm Thanksgiving, the cooler temps have finally arrived in Boston and I think they're here to stay. This weather makes me crave something warm for dinner, which usually leads to a big pot of soup.  That said, here are some of my favorites.

Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup
I've made this twice and it certainly doesn't disappoint.  I've made a few tweaks such as doubling the broth and the lemon juice as well as replacing the rosemary and thyme with Herbs de Provence. I made a pot last night and will be eating this for lunch all week. This soup is delicious, and I think the addition of spinach would be great!



Crock Pot Enchilada Soup
Skinnytaste is my go-to recipe site and that is where I discovered this recipe.  Coming home to the smell of this soup cooking is the best after a long day at work.  I love this soup because it is so filling and is one of those non-recipe recipes, meaning you can customize the soup to your liking.  I think it's great as is, but you could add pinto beans instead of black beans or beef up the veggies with carrots and celery.



Slow Cooker Blissful Butternut Squash Soup
Another great recipe from Skinnytaste!  This soup is silky and delicious and is great as a main meal alongside a salad or served as a starter.  I actually made this with canned butternut squash as it was what I had on hand.  I had to modify the cooking time, and it was still delicious!  This is another recipe you can customize as you like.  I think a few dashes of hot sauce would add a nice kick.  I may make this tonight!



Cuban Black Bean Soup
While I haven't tried this yet, I bookmarked the recipe as soon as I found it on Christina's site.  I would make this without the bell pepper, but other than that, the recipe looks perfect.  Am I the only one who thinks this would be great on top of a baked sweet potato?



What soup recipes do you have to share?

Labels: