Winter Workout Gear

It's that time of year.  Time to break out the running tights, base layers and all your other cold weather workout gear.  I actually prefer cold weather running to running in the heat, so I am pretty happy it's finally time for layers!  Here are some of my favorite items for staying warm while exercising outdoors.

New Balance Performance Merino Long Sleeve Crew  I love this shirt!  It is a lightweight top, which keeps me warm, yet not overheated.  I wore this during my turkey trot this past weekend and it was the perfect base layer.  At $89.99, it's a bit on the pricey side, but I feel it's worth it.  I know this shirt will get a lot of use year after year.



New Balance Impact Half Zip Yes, another New Balance piece.  I can't help it, but I love the company!  I have this pullover in three colors and I love it.  It adds a great layer of warmth without overheating you.  There is a small zipper pocket in the back big enough for keys, money and ID.  The length is also great.  At 5'10" it can be difficult to find long enough tops, but the length of this pullover is perfect.  This retails at $69.99 but some  colors are marked down to $52.99.  There is an early Black Friday sale going on now, too!


Athleta Windwarrior 2 Tight These tights are fleece-lined and wind resistant.  They are a nice and warm, yet breathable.  There are many great details such as a zipper pocket in the back which is great for storing your keys as well as an adorable ruffle on each leg. These pants retail for $98 but are currently on super sale for $31.99.



Smartwool PhD Run Ultralight Micro Socks I have a few pairs of these socks and I love them.  I normally like a really thin sock, so I was pleasantly surprised at how thin these socks were, but still provided lots of padding.  The wool helps keep your feet warm and dry by wicking away sweat.  I've found Smartwool socks in varying prices, but Sierra Trading Post sells them for $10.99.


Oiselle Lux Runfinity Scarf Although the version I have is no longer available, this is very similar to the one I have.  I like this scarf because it is super soft and can be used to block the wind from your face when running.  The scarf is also quite versatile as I wear it when I am not running.  Don't worry, I wash it first!  This is one of my favorite purchases and have gotten so much use out of it.

More Cold Weather Essentials


What cold weather gear do you recommend?  When is it too cold to be outside?





Labels: