Hi! As I mentioned in my previous post, I haven't had much motivation lately. I've been going through the motions of half-assed workouts and haven't really been eating as well as I should. Truth be told, I feel like I'm in the worst shape I've been in a long time. I've been feeling very run down and I know it's due to my lack of healthy eating and exercise. Don't get me wrong. It's not like I've done a 180 and am not exercising and opting for fast food over healthier options. I'm just not exercising nearly as much as I should and I have been slacking in the well-rounded diet category. Simply put: I'm in a funk.
With the holidays winding up, I have decided I would try to be more mindful and consistent about both my exercise and nutrition. Over the next six weeks, I will do my best to stay as active as possible, as well as making sure I am eating a healthy, well-balanced diet. I am taking a somewhat laid back approach to this because I need to be realistic. My favorite holiday is in just over a week and that day really kicks off the holiday season... And indulgences.
To make sure I am staying balanced, and fighting the funk, I will keep the following tips in mind:
I'm hoping these tips will help me stay on track and eventually kick-start my
- Get enough sleep I know this seems pretty basic, but with so many holiday related activities, my sleep is usually the first thing to suffer
- Have a snack Another obvious one, but if I'm headed out to a party, I like to make sure I have a small snack shortly before leaving. Choose something with protein and carbs to hopefully help keep your hunger under control. This way, you can still enjoy delicious treats at the party, but not go crazy
- Make exercise less of a chore This may be the hardest one for me as lately, it seems any form of exercise is a chore. Instead of going for a run, maybe enlist a few friends to go for a long walk. Christmas lights will be up soon, so a walk through a decked out neighborhood may be just the thing!
- Don't get down on yourself Okay, this may be even harder than the previous tip. It's so easy to get down on yourself for skipping a workout or eating something you normally wouldn't. It really doesn't help you, so just move on and be more mindful next time
- Friends I don't mean the TV show, but that always helps! Try and surround yourself with friends and family - I know being with my friends and family makes me happier, which is always a good thing. It's okay to want your alone time, too, but make sure you get in a healthy dose of togetherness.
missing motivation. I am not typically one to wait until the new year to start a new fitness or eating routine, but I'm being realistic. I am making small changes right now and I will reevaluate once January 1 gets a little closer.
What tips do you have for staying balanced?