Fighting the Funk

Hi! As I mentioned in my previous post, I haven't had much motivation lately. I've been going through the motions of half-assed workouts and haven't really been eating as well as I should. Truth be told, I feel like I'm in the worst shape I've been in a long time. I've been feeling very run down and I know it's due to my lack of healthy eating and exercise. Don't get me wrong. It's not like I've done a 180 and am not exercising and opting for fast food over healthier options. I'm just not exercising nearly as much as I should and I have been slacking in the well-rounded diet category.  Simply put: I'm in a funk.


With the holidays winding up, I have decided I would try to be more mindful and consistent about both my exercise and nutrition. Over the next six weeks, I will do my best to stay as active as possible, as well as making sure I am eating a healthy, well-balanced diet. I am taking a somewhat laid back approach to this because I need to be realistic.  My favorite holiday is in just over a week and that day really kicks off the holiday season... And indulgences.

To make sure I am staying balanced, and fighting the funk, I will keep the following tips in mind:
I'm hoping these tips will help me stay on track and eventually kick-start my missing motivation.  I am not typically one to wait until the new year to start a new fitness or eating routine, but I'm being realistic.  I am making small changes right now and I will reevaluate once January 1 gets a little closer.


What tips do you have for staying balanced?