Strawberry Mango Greek Frozen Yogurt

Happy Thursday!  I stumbled upon this recipe yesterday and decided I needed to make it immediately.  I had all the ingredients on hand and got to work in the kitchen.  I recommend you make this as it's a nice and refreshing alternative to ice cream (dare I say it's as creamy as ice cream?!) and each serving clocks in around 100 calories.  I think if you use just strawberries like the original recipe called for, it would be even less.  I can't wait to make this again soon and try it with different fruits like peaches or pineapple.



Strawberry Mango Greek Frozen Yogurt
Serves: 4

3 cups frozen strawberries
1 cup frozen mango
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used nonfat)
1 T fresh lemon juice
3 T agave nectar or honey

Add strawberries, mango and lemon juice to the bowl of a food processor.  Blend for a few minutes, then add the agave.  Blend until smooth (a total of about five minutes).  I recommend adding the agave halfway through blending, as mine settled at the bottom of the bowl and didn't fully blend with the yogurt.

This is delicious if you eat it right away, but it's even better after it's set up a bit in the freezer.  I am thinking about making some graham crackers and maybe some vanilla frozen yogurt to swirl with this and make froyo sandwiches.  Yum!


Original source

Labels: ,