New to Me Eats

Happy Wednesday!  Today is shaping up to be a beautiful day... Just in time for all the rainy cold weather we're supposed to be getting this weekend!  Boo.  A few of the blog posts I read this morning were food related, so I thought I'd write one centered around food, too!  I recently tried a few new to me foods, so I thought it would be fun to share them with you.

So Delicious Coconut Milk Barista Style Creamer
 
I saw this the other day on the So Delicious website and happened to find it yesterday while grocery shopping.  I'm a sucker for almost anything coconut, so I figured I'd try it.  It's almost exactly the same as their other creamers you find in the dairy case, except the shelf stable version contains pea protein.  I usually take my coffee with 2% milk, but I thought I'd try this for a change.  I think I was expecting this to add a creaminess to my coffee like milk does, but it didn't.  I do like the light coconut flavor it adds, but at $3.99/carton, I think I'll stick with good old organic milk!

Rudi's Gluten Free Sandwich Bread

 
I have almost no dietary restrictions, however, I have been thinking about cutting back on gluten for a bit.  When I saw this bread was on sale at Stop & Shop, I thought I'd give it a try.  I made an egg sandwich for breakfast today and toasted up two slices.  I honestly couldn't tell that the bread was gluten free.  Then again, I had toasted the bread, so that may have changed the texture.  I will have to make a sandwich later this week and try it untoasted.  The nutrition stats are okay - nothing great, but it is a nice alternative to wheat-based breads.

Food Should Taste Good Cinnamon Sugar Pita Puffs

These are...  just meh.  I was super excited to find them when grocery shopping yesterday, but the flavor fell a little flat.  Once you get past the salty flavor, you can definitely taste cinnamon sugar toast, but I am just underwhelmed.  I think I was expecting them to taste like Stacy's cinnamon sugar pita chips.  Sadly, they do not.  The puffs come in three savory flavors including multi grain, chive, and pesto.  I wonder if those would be any better.

Simply Sea Salted Sun Chips

I'm not gonna lie.  I love Sun Chips and I could easily inhale eat an entire bag in one sitting.  I won't, but I could!  So, when I stumbled upon these Simply Sun Chips yesterday, I had to try them.  I do love the Simply versions of tortilla chips (and even cheese puffs!), so I had a feeling I'd love these, too.  I do!  I was worried they may taste different than regular Sun Chips, but they didn't.  The calories, fat, fiber, protein and sodium are all the same.  Really, the only difference between this variety and the regular variety is that Simply Sun Chips contain organic corn and expeller pressed sunflower oil as well as sea salt.


What new to you foods have you tried lately?