Running NYC

Hi!  Happy Wednesday!  Today is my Thursday since I'm off on Friday.  This weekend, I am headed to NYC to run the More Women's Half Marathon.  I can't wait!  This will be my third time running this race and it was my first half marathon - Actually, it may have been my first race ever!


Me, my sister and the Bun post race - 2008

Saturday morning, I'll hop on a train with my sister, her mother in law, and my seven month old niece for a super fun girls weekend!  As of today, the weather for the race looks to be perfect (high of low 60s and sunny).  I'm not only excited for this race because I'll be spending the weekend with the girls, but this year's race will be hosted by Hoda Kotb!  I am a total nerd and hope to be able to get a photo op with Hoda!  I'm also excited because Deena Kastor will be running the race as well.  I' a running geek and I feel pretty cool when I'm running the same race as elites!

Some of you may be wondering what my goals are for this race.  When I signed up months ago, I really wanted to PR - My PR is from the first time running this race.  However, with the cold and snowy winter we had, it was tough to get in many outdoor runs.  I ran all of my long runs on the treadmill except for one.  My last long run was 10 miles and I ran it a week and a half ago.  It was terrible and my body was sore for the rest of the day.  I know it's because I hadn't run that distance on pavement since my half in January.  Also, I had hoped to lose a little more weight by race day so that I could hopefully run a little faster.  I have been playing around with the same 16 pound weight loss for over a month and it hasn't budged.  So, my ultimate goal for this weekend is to have an awesome run in Central Park and just enjoy myself.  I'm lucky to be back in NYC and run this race for the third time.  Let's face it.  I'm really just looking forward to having brunch when I finish!  :)

Keep your eyes out for a race recap and review sometime next week.

Labels: , , , ,