Egg Nog Smoothie Recipe

Happy Sunday!  One and a half more days of work then I'm off for New Year's.  One of my favorite beverages this time of year is egg nog, but it's so calorie dense.  I know it's the holidays and it's a time to enjoy yourself, but a glass of nog here and there really adds up!  You could use Monica's trick, or you can "healthify" your nog by making it into a smoothie.  While this isn't a super low-cal treat, you can feel a bit better because you're adding some protein.  I drank one of these smoothies this morning for breakfast and it hit the spot!


Egg Nog Smoothie
Serves: 1

1 cup egg nog of your choice (I used Horizon Organic low fat nog)
1 scoop of protein powder - I used plain, but vanilla would be good
1/2 frozen banana
Handful of ice
Nutmeg (optional)

Toss all items except nutmeg in a blender and whirl until combined.  Pour in a glass and top with nutmeg, if desired.

Labels: ,