Listening to My Body

Hi!  Happy Sunday!  This weekend went by really quickly, didn't it?  Friday night was pretty low key. I rented The Heat and it was hysterical. I highly recommend it!

Saturday morning, I woke up bright and early for a trail run with two of my friends. It was the first legit trail run I'd done and I loved it!  There were lots of rocks to navigate around and we climbed some pretty hefty hills. I didn't turn on my GPS, but we did run for about 45 minutes. I had to walk part of the hills, but I'm totally okay with that!  My legs were super sore throughout and after the run. I think they weren't fully recovered from Thursday's speed work.  I spent the rest of the day getting pampered with a manicure, pedicure, and a hair cut.  It was the perfect way to spend the afternoon.

Today was spent doing laundry, changing the sheets on the bed, and grocery shopping. I got in a two mile run - not the six I had on the schedule. My legs were still really sore during the run and I'm trying to listen to my body. I don't want to re injure myself with only eight weeks left until the half marathon.  Right now I'm just relaxing on the sofa and waiting for my chicken enchilada soup to finish cooking. I can't wait for dinner!

Tell me about your weekend!

Labels: , ,