It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!


October!  This is my favorite month of the year (other than July, since that's when my birthday is!). The leaves start to turn, it's the beginning of boot weather (although, we're getting temps in the 80s over the next few days), and the weather is perfect for running!


Another reason I love October is the food - Apples and pumpkins galore!  October means hayrides, fresh cider donuts and caramel apples. It's a running foodies' dream!




October just so happens to be the same month that I kick off my half marathon training. I technically started on Monday, but let's just say I started in October!  In January, I'll be running the Disney World half marathon. I'm not looking to PR, but I want to feel strong throughout the race.  So far, week one has been great!  I have a schedule where I'm supposed to run a total of three times - one long run and two short runs.  With this training cycle, the week starts on Monday as opposed to Sunday.

Here's what I've done/is scheduled for week one:

M: 3.5 mile treadmill run (first time in ages I've been able to run three consecutive miles).  Should have been a rest day since my long runs are scheduled for Sundays, but I just felt like running.

T:10.25 mile bike run and 1/2 mile run brick. Should have been a three mile run, but I did that on Monday.

W: Scheduled - Rest or XT. Hill repeats are scheduled for this afternoon.

TH: Scheduled - Four mile tempo run

F: Scheduled - Rest or XT

SA: Scheduled - Rest or XT

SU: Scheduled - Long run of four miles. I have my first duathlon on Sunday, so I'm debating on doing my long run on Saturday, or counting the two runs which add up to 4.3 miles as my long run.

Enjoy the rest of your Wednesday.  I'm off to put up my fall decorations!


How about you - What's your favorite time of year?  Do you love October too?

Labels: , ,