Sunday Funday

Here we are again - Sunday night! This weekend went really quickly and I didn't do much of anything. I'm okay with that. :) Saturday was spent cleaning and organizing. I made sure to get in lots of stretching and foam rolling. Since I was still pretty sore yesterday, I took another rest day.

After much procrastination, I went for a bike ride this afternoon. It was my longest ride to date - 11 miles. I still have a way to go, but I was happy with my ride. I actually wanted to ride farther, but I was just too cold! I started off at Millennium Park and made my way down to the Charles River. I had read online that there was a bike path along the river in Dedham, but was a bit disappointed to find the path was only maybe a half mile! Maybe I was in the wrong place, but I made the best of the situation. I ended up riding in some nice neighborhoods with a few hills.


View of the river

After about 40 minutes of riding, I headed back to the park to get in some more hills. I hit some pretty tough headwinds a few times, but I survived! I can't wait to go out for another ride later in the week. I'm getting hooked on cycling!

When I got home from my ride, I was famished. I just finished dinner and am watching a little TV before I foam roll for the last time today. I hope you enjoy the rest of your Sunday and make sure you get a good night's sleep. Tomorrow is the most exciting day of the year! I'll be volunteering at the mile 17 water stop and I can't wait!

Have a good night!

Labels: , ,