Smoothie Kick

I know I've mentioned a few times that this winter has been unseasonably warm.  With temps in the 50s at least once a week (which is warm for Boston!), I have been craving smoothies more than usual.  Smoothies are a great way to get in some protein with fruits and even veggies!  They're great after workouts too.  Many times after a really hard workout, I have to force myself to eat something to aid with recovery.  It's times like these when a smoothie is perfect!


Another reason I love making smoothies is because it really requires no measuring of anything.  You just put whatever you want in a blender and let it rip.  Here are a few tips for great smoothie making:

Here are a few different combinations that I've been making lately:

Chocolate Banana - Almond milk, chocolate protein powder and a banana

Strawberry Banana - Skim milk, strawberries, banana, plain Greek yogurt and spinach

Blood Orange - Skim milk, 1/2 a banana and a container of Chobani blood orange yogurt

Have a great weekend!  After the beautiful weather we had this week, it's cold and raining/snowing.  This weekend will be cold as well!  I suppose I can't complain too much seeing that it's February and we've had barely any snow and very mild temps!  I'm planning a six mile run tomorrow and a run with some friends on Sunday - Hill repeats!  I'm sure a smoothie will make its way into my weekend at some point!  What are YOU doing this weekend?

Labels: , ,