- My biggest goal was to just move more in general. I am happy to report that I've walked to/from the train every work day. This adds a little over a mile of walking each day. It doesn't sound like much, but at the end of the week, I've added about six miles of walking in addition to my workouts.
- With the exception of one week, I've been getting in at least four workouts a week. In addition to shoveling (yes, I count this as exercise!), I've been getting in runs and swims, as well as a few times on the elliptical. I have to admit, with this snow I've been working from home at least once a week, which makes it much easier to get on the treadmill for a workout. I've been extremely grateful for my treadmill this winter!
- I'm hoping to continue my exercise streak and hopefully add in either an extra day or additional time to each workout.
- For the most part, I have been sticking with my healthier eating plan. I've been really good about prepping food on the weekends. My favorite has been making breakfast burritos since they keep well in the fridge and they're so easy to heat and eat. I just add some fruit and my breakfast is complete!
- I did pretty well with no alcohol during the week. I did make a few exceptions (work outings), but I made sure to limit myself to just two drinks. This is an improvement, because I'd usually end up sipping three or more drinks while out with coworkers. By limiting my alcohol intake, I also cut out the urge to snack on the greasy bar food that is usually ordered.
- I think I did really well with this goal. I barely spent any money over the past month and I really didn't notice I wasn't spending money! I still had fun with my friends, but we opted for low cost, or free (swimming on a Friday night!) nights out, which definitely helped save money.
What about you? Do you think it's easier to stick with your goals if they're small?